Personal development should be an exciting part of the sixth form programme. Here at St Edward's, along with our student body, we have created a diverse prgoramme that reflects student interests, needs and aspirations.
Our range of activities include:
- Work experience - to support your UCAS application, career choice and encourage the development of a range of skills
- Extended project qualification (EPQ) - to deepen your interest in or love of a subject whilst broadening your portfolio of qualifications. The taught element of this course includes external lectures from Southampton University
- Personal enquiry - examining the big questions in life through Philosophy
- Sixth form debates
- Study skills - on line Mooc run by Southampton University
- External speakers - on a range of topics: politics, health, driving, life skills, finance, Citizenship Programme, public speaking
- UCAS/careers tutorial - support for application to a range of universities including Russell Group and Oxbridge, specialist colleges, top apprenticeships and training programmes
- Peer mentoring
- Sixth Form Senior Student Leadership Team
- Drama productions, orchestra, end of year sixth form review, retreats, battle of the bands and regular sport
Your all round development is important to us.